Ep 143: Lessons and Inspiration from IRONMAN with Triathlete Ron Chew
Lessons and Inspiration from IRONMAN with Triathlete Ron Chew
IRONMAN Ron Chew comes back to share tips for endurance athletes and future IRONMAN triathletes. Ron takes us behind the scenes of his last race, IRONMAN Chattanooga. He also shares a few inspiring moments from pro IRONMAN athletes like Jan Frodeno and Daniela Ryf. You'll definitely come to appreciate how the IRONMAN race is a lot like life in one day. Maybe you'll even be inspired to take on the challenge for yourself. Ron shared several great products and inspirational video clips that will be in the show notes since they didn't make all make it "on the record" for this interview.
About Ron Chew
Ron Shew is a retired LA County Deputy Sheriff Reserve, former EMT, 2X half IRONMAN and 2X IRONMAN triathlete.
Ron will be completing IRONMAN Arizona later this week. Be sure to send him some good wishes!
Links of Interest:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | PodBean
- Share feedback, nominate a guest, or request a topic
- Quest for Kona show
- Episode 10 is a favorite of Ron's
- Great half IRONMAN race HERE
- Ron recommended THIS tool for race recovery (I got to try it when I met him at the A Better World Running race we both completed - it's legit!).
- For a beginner's IRONMAN watch Ron recommended the Garmin Fenix 5
- Get in touch with Ron over email: email@example.com
Other recommended episodes:
- Ep 142 with Ron where he shares his personal IRONMAN story
- Ep 121 with Kindal Sweet's Journey from Hating Running to IRONMAN athlete
- Ep 122 More IRONMAN Triathlon training tips from Kindal
Improve your running and/or running coaching programs:
- Runners and running coaches check out Dr. Jason Karp's Revo2lution Running Certification program on November 17th 2018 in Santee California (just outside of San Diego). Code FITARMADILLO gets you 15% off and Catherine will see you there!
Tell a Friend:
Learn more about @IRONMANtri with #triathlete Ron Chew to share tips for preparing for #IRONMAN on @FitArmadillo #PodcastShow @thefitfifteen as well as some IRONMAN inspiration
Did you enjoy this episode of The Fit Fifteen? Share your thoughts and questions below: