Want a Happier Life? Have a Plant!
Want a Happier Life? Have a Plant! President and CEO of Produce for Better Health Foundation Explains
Wish your life was a little happier? Have a plant! President and CEO of Produce for Better Health Foundation and registered dietitian, Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, shares why having a plant read: eating more fruits and vegetables can do more than help you avoid a scolding at your next doctor's appointment. Today's episode is part I of our conversation on the exciting and inspiring Have A Plant™ consumer movement. If you've been beating yourself up for not eating enough fruits and vegetables, but want to enjoy this habit that can make you happier, you'll enjoy the insights Wendy shares today. As an added bonus, you're invited to join my challenge to engage with the Have a Plant movement by taking the following steps:
1. Visit the PBH website and social media platforms.
2. Select a fruit or veggie focused menu item that you're excited to try and commit to getting the ingredients to do so the next week.
3. Share your finished product before you eat it and tag us @FitArmadillo @TheFitFifteen @FruitsAndVeggies and use the hashtag #HaveAPlant to be entered into the giveaway and inspire your friends and family to join in on the fun!
About Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak
Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, is the President and CEO of the Produce for Better Health (PBH) Foundation. At PBH, she guides the Foundation’s efforts to work with more than 300 industry and government partners to advance the overall effort of increasing fruit and vegetable consumption for happier, healthier lives.
Prior to joining PBH, Wendy was the Global Lead for Food, Nutrition and Health Partnerships at Bayer (formally the Monsanto Company). In this role, her efforts focused on bridging the food, nutrition, culinary and agriculture communities for greater collaboration from seed to table.
Previously, Wendy served as Senior Director of Health and Wellness at the International Food Information Council (IFIC) and IFIC Foundation in Washington, DC. While at IFIC, she directed communication strategies, including consumer research, opinion leader and media outreach, as well as publications and partnerships, for multiple food safety and nutrition-related issues.
Links of Interest:
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | PodBean
- Share feedback, nominate a guest, or request a topic
- Find the Produce for Better Health Foundation and Fruit and Veggie Inspiration on Facebook Twitter Instagram
- Save your spot in Briana's group fitness workout class this week HERE.
Tell a Friend:
Want to be happier? #HaveAPlant! Tips from @fruitsandveggies with President and CEO Wendy on @thefitfifteen #PodcastShow by @fitarmadillo #HealthyRecipeIdeas #HealthyandHappy #HappyLife #HappierLife
Did you enjoy this episode of The Fit Fifteen? Share your thoughts and questions below: